We're here to help you prepare for laboring at home comfortably, and what it's really like when you arrive at the hospital. We're here to discuss your goals for your cesarean birth, natural birth, birth with medication, or your wait-and-see birth. We want to help you examine your unique lifestyle and determine what you really need to be ready for baby.
We’ve been there and we have some insights to share!
Topics you may want to cover:
- Assistance with the preparation of a Birth Plan/Wishes/Goals
- Must haves for the nursery and home
- Going past the "due date"? What does that look like & how can you help your body prepare?
- Planning a VBAC? What does labor look like in that circumstance? What questions do you need to ask to be fully supported by your providers?
- Laboring at home? Waiting as long as possible? Waiting too long? What's right for me? The 5-1-1 rule?
- What's a rehydrating drink I can have regardless of my situation?
- What to expect arriving at the hospital. Triage vs. being admitted. Parking.
- What do I want to make sure I know about my hospital?
- When does my Dr./OB/Midwife arrive during labor? Pushing? Transition? Earlier? When would doulas typical arrive?
- What are some (preventable) causes for couples choosing medical support instead of following through on their plans to birth naturally?
- Baby Procedures - what are they and how do we decide about them?
- What does a cesarean look like? How can you stay participatory when plans change? How can you be involved in a planned cesarean?
- Creating space for your partner to have their own experience.
- It's become traditional for a parent to cut the cord. Is there anything special you should know about this in advance?
- Spontaneous, unmedicated labor and natural birth. What does that look like?
- Inductions: How can you still include your wishes for labor and merge with medical tools/support, assistance?
- Immediate skin-to-skin after birth? Why? What does this look like? How do you encourage this as soon as possible after birth?
- How do you integrate your pets? Your parents? Your older child(ren)?
- And many more.